wizAffiliates - one wizard, many affiliates
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Existing affiliates and other requirements

Existing affiliates and other requirements 6 years 7 months ago #66

I am building a new site for a company who already has an existing list of 1000+ affiliates. There are a few requirements that I will need in deciding what affiliate system to use.

1) They are currently using Post Affiliate Pro to track and manage their affiliates which uses a format like domain.com/affilateusername

I saw in the documentation that wizAffiliates uses this type of format as well. I would like to completely replace Post Affiliate Pro. In order to do that, I need to be able to integrate an affiliate system that allows me to configure the tracking in precisely the same manner so that all of the existing affiliates' URL's stay the same and can still be used. These affiliates already have various banners and links posted on many websites and it would be very damaging to the company if these urls did not work any longer.

2.) The client currently uses Authorize.net to accept payments and may end up deciding they would like to also use Authorize.net to pay out to their affiliates. Is this possible? Or would we have to stay with the options shown. This isnt really a big deal but it would be nice.

3.) When someone visits the site through an affiliates link it is imparitive that the affiliates full company name and phone number is placed in a pre-designated location.
(I.e - This website brought to you by: Affiliate Name Phone number: 000-000-0000)

4.) No external site usage! Everything for the affiliate tracking system MUST be done completely from the site.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Existing affiliates and other requirements 6 years 6 months ago #67

• Alex
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
1 - Each affiliate has a prefix that you can set and that will control how that personalized url will work. So for this to work you will have to find a way to automatically set those prefixes.
2 - Authorize.net and other payment methods are in our plans to integrate in the extension, but I can't give you an estimate on when they will be available.
3 - If I understood you correctly this should be very easy to do through Joomla's template.
4 - Yes. This is how wizAffiliates works.
The administrator has disabled public write access.