wizAffiliates - one wizard, many affiliates
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Extensions support

Extensions support 6 years 2 months ago #176

• n3t
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

we are interested in wizAffiliates, however it doesn't support some extensions we need. Is the extensions system plugin based, so we could develop plugin for our extension, or is it hardcoded to the component? If so, does exist some "general" affiliate extension whoch could be used for example by entering html code in the checkout page?

Also, is there any demo site (backend) of this extension?

Thanks for your answers
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Extensions support 6 years 2 months ago #178

• Alex
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi,

The extension is plugin based and the plugins are not very complicated to develop. The current plugins should be enough to let you know what you need to do, but you can post questions and will be glad to respond to any question you might have.

You can see a demo here:
demo.wizaffiliates.com/
user : demo
pass : demo

Regards,
Alex

Extensions support 6 years 2 months ago #183

• n3t
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

that is great news, the plugin support. Also the demo helped me a lot, but brings also some more questions.

1/ I didn't find any ACL in the demo, is there plan to implement at least basic ACL for administration to hide whole component or its parts from some users<

2/ Is frontend using Joomla MVC, so the output could be overriden with template?

3/ I found configuration "Track which referral:" - last or first, do I understand well, that the commissions are always calculated to affiliate whose code was used to register customer, and after that no affiliate code clicked after the registration takes effect? So this settings influence only affiliate for users, that do not register yet?

Anyway, thanks for your time, your component seems what we are looking for.

Extensions support 6 years 2 months ago #184

• Alex
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi,

1 - Yes. That will be implemented in the version that will work only in Joomla 2.5 and newer ( which is under development ). Presently we still support Joomla 1.5 for customers that didn't updated their Joomla yet.

2 - Yes.

3 - That parameter will tell the extension if it should override the cookie saved on the visitor's computer when a new affiliate link is clicked ( if set to "Last referral" ) or keep the cookie generated on the first click ( if set to "First referral" ).
Once a user is registered he can't modify his referral. You can modify it manually from the back-end if you want.

Glad you like the component. :)

Extensions support 6 years 2 months ago #185

• n3t
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

good news about ACL, the rest only confirmed that this extension would be great for us. My customer has to decide, by I guess we will choose your solution.